Translate

Sunday, April 1, 2018

YOU HAVE THE POWER


YOU HAVE THE POWER

Yes, you have the power. The scripture says in John 1:12 that ‘as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name’. If you have received Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and savior, oh yes, if you are truly born-again, you have the power!!!

What kind of power am I talking about? All power!!! For Jesus said ‘All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth…. and then turned unto you his beloved saying…’behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy; and nothing shall by any means hurt you’ (Mathew 28:18 , Luke 10:19). Listen friends, YOU HAVE THE POWER!!! Power is in degree/categories, that is why the scripture says ‘let every soul be subject to the higher powers’ (Romans 13:11)

Wait a minute as you rejoice in the truth. Please permit me to show you how you can activate the ultimate power. God became flesh in the person of Jesus Christ who came to this world that you and I can be reconciled to God. Jesus died for our sins. He died a very painful death. As he hung on the cross, during the most gruesome torture, ‘one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water’ (john 19:34). He shed his blood for you and me. Just like you and I, Jesus had options. He could have refused to be humiliated, he could have asked one of the angels to take out those that wanted to nail him to that cross…but ‘he endured the cross, despising the shame’ so that you and I can be saved from our sins.

How think ye? Jesus could have resisted and refused to die in the face of that agonizing torment, but he made a choice of RIGHTLY exercising the power that he had to freely give his life away that you and I may be saved. Read with me in the book of John chapter 10 verse 18…’ No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again’. Jesus had the power to release himself from the cross even when they had almost sniffed life out of him, he had the power!!! But, ‘he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross’ (Philippians 2:8). Jesus said, ‘I lay it down of myself’. He had power to lay his life down, and he laid it down of his own accord!

How is this relevant to you?

You have the power to give God the only thing he is requesting of you, and what is that request? So simple! … and you alone have the power to do it. The request is found in the book of Proverbs chapter 23 and verse 26. ‘My son, give me thine heart, and let thine eyes observe my ways’. See, everything that you do or that happens to you on earth has to do with your heart, and whatever has control over your heart has the whole of you.

You want power for this, power for that. I tell you, the ultimate power that a believer can receive is called the power of his resurrection. Apostle Paul yearned for this power as he prayed that he may know the power of his resurrection (Philippians 3:10). Why? Until you activate the power of his resurrection, you do not manifest the ultimate power. You have a sim card in your phone, if it is not activated, you can not enjoy the benefit.

All the trinity of God is involved in the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead (Roman 8:11, I:4). If you will also freely give your heart to the Lord today, all the trinity will also be involved in your life and situation, and your situation will turn around for the best it could ever be.

Will you surrender your heart to Jesus today? You have the power to give it to him!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment