Translate

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Please continue to follow the Lord (John 12:26)

Saturday afternoon, on September 12, 2015, my family & I were travelling on Douglasville/Hiram highway in Georgia, and it was my wife driving us. She was at top speed, and I noticed that she didn’t decrease her speed even though the cars ahead of us have slowed down and stopped to give room for a vehicle that was turning left (off) the highway. I screamed ‘slow down, don’t you see the cars ahead have stopped!’ Her response was ‘I don’t know that they have stopped’. My wife did not realize that the cars she was following have all stopped!!!

Jesus said, If any man serves me, let him follow me (John 12:26). Following someone means you are able to see the one leading the way and then follow in his footsteps. Tell me, are you still following Jesus? You need to stop when he stops, so you don’t ram into your leader. It is dangerous to collide with the Lord (Luke 20: 17-18). You need to turn where he turns, so you don’t get lost. Following him means that you have your eyes open to see the one you are following. Do you still have Jesus in view? Can you see him? But, we see Jesus(Heb. 2:9).

Following him means that there is no barrier in between you and him. What barriers are shielding you from seeing the Lord the way he wants you to see him?

Those that follow the Lord are ‘his sheep’ and they are the only people qualified to enjoy his tremendous care (John 10: 27, 11-13). Following someone means that you have to be able to hear the one you are following. It might be disastrous for you not to hear when he says there is danger in the pathway you are treading on, and tells you what to avoid… but you can’t hear him. Jesus said ‘my sheep hears my voice’. Do you still hear his voice? When was the last time he spoke to you? Many Christians today are living on outdated spiritual instructions. You need to hear his voice to get an update!

Listen; there are landmines everywhere, so you just don’t walk carelessly in this way of salvation. You don’t know where your enemies have planted the landmines, waiting for you to just walk over and explode. Hold up my goings in the way oh Lord that mine footsteps slip not (psalms 17: 5). I implore you to follow Jesus just like a man that is blind will follow his guard dog, so that you don’t fall into the pits of your enemy.

It was necessary for Elisha to see Elijah at departure time to receive the double portion of Elijah’s anointing …. Elijah said ‘Thou hast asked a hard thing: nevertheless, if thou see me when I am taken from thee, it shall be so unto thee; but if not, it shall not be so (2kings 2:10)’. Elijah said… Nevertheless, if thou see me…that is, ‘if thou continue to follow me’…..it shall be so unto you. My friend, you need to reappraise your situation, and refocus on the Lord as may be necessary.

Suppose you are no longer following in the footsteps of Christ, please retrace your steps and go back to him. I pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. God bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment